Skip to toolbar

Cymru North: Fine wins for Buckley, Bay, Boro, Guils and Penrhyn

Aled Bellis converts Buckley Town’s winning penalty at Llanrhaeadr. Picture: Trevor Jones Photography

Buckley Town edged their way out of the JD Cymru North bottom four with an impressive 2-1 victory at fifth-place Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant.

In very windy conditions and on a soft pitch, Llanrhaeadr failed to make the most of a first-half breakaway, while the Flintshire visitors created three very good chances but failed to put them away.

The hosts, who had a number of players absent, struggled to control the midfield but could easily have gone in a goal up at half-time. Just before the break, the Powys side had a seemingly blatant penalty not given by the referee.

The second half was a different affair with Buckley now playing downhill and getting a lot of room on the right wing where Luke Blizard was prominent.

On 52 minutes, Jake Roberts slipped the ball through to Phill Molyneux, who slotted under the advancing goalkeeper.

Dan Graham levelled for the home side when the Buckley defence stood off him and allowed him to shoot.

However, a late Aled Bellis penalty clinched all three points for the travellers.

Third-place Colwyn Bay claimed a 3-2 triumph at bottom side Llanfair United.

Toby Jones, Callum Parry and Mitch Bryant gave the Seagulls a three-goal lead before Will Bell and Gethin Jones hit back for the hosts in a late rally.

Adam Jenkins’ 86th-minute winner ensured Guilsfield made it five straight league victories, beating in-form Gresford Athletic 1-0 at Clos Mytton.

Penrhyncoch pipped Rhyl 2-1, Steff Davies and Tom Evans putting the Roosters two-up before Dave Macintyre responded late on.

Corrig McGonigle converted two penalties and Craig Whelan was also on the mark in Conwy Borough’s 3-1 victory at Ruthin Town, whose goal came via a Josh Jones spot-kick.

Leaders Prestatyn Town’s perfect 100% home record ended when struggling Porthmadog nabbed a 2-2 draw at Bastion Gardens.

Jordan Davies put the Seasiders in front after his initial penalty was kept out by Richard Harvey, but a Shaun Cavanagh double in the second period gave Port a surprise lead before a stunning Zebb Edwards free kick on 84 minutes ensured it finished all-square.

A full report on this game is featured elsewhere on Grassroots North Wales.

On Friday night, Bangor City took the spoils 2-0 at Llandudno, while Mark Cadwallader (3), Nathan Brown and Alex Titchiner guided Flint Town United to a 5-0 away crushing of Llangefni Town.

You may have missed

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: