Royal Oak suffer shock loss to Wanderers, Y Clwb silence Bells with last minute winner, Mally wallop Comrades

Royal Oak (blue) take on Rhyl Wanderers with a lovely cute little dog (also well behaved) in the background. Picture: MATT JOHNSON


Royal Oak 4 Rhyl Wanderers 5

A big surprise saw the Wanderers claim all three points at second-place Oak.

Dean Hughes scored all four for Mark Dudley’s side, but the struggling Wanderers managed to net one more than their opponents.

In the first half, Liam Bateman scored a goal from the right wing, while Harrison Bellis converted a penalty awarded for handball on the line.

After the break, Harrison Bellis took the ball around the keeper and netted after the glovesman had fumbled.

Harrison Bellis (orange and black) converts a penalty for Wanderers. Picture: MATT JOHNSON

Mike Bellis blasted one from 35 yards out on the left and found the top right corner for his team’s fourth.

And another Harrison Bellis goal made it a personal hat-trick following a through ball from Owen Hughes.

Conwy Comrades 1 FC Mally 5

Andy Colville’s Mally side proved they are now big contenders for the league title with a convincing win at leaders Conwy Comrades today.

The Junction lads moved to within three points of the Comrades with two games in hand.

The game started at a steady pace with both teams eager not to give the ball away.

The first chance arrived when Mally’s Shaheen Ahmed headed a corner down and looked certain to score, but drove his right-footed shot just wide.

Not long after Mally gained another corner from which man of the match Sam Sinkinson delivered a superb ball into the box for Ahmed to power home a header.

With 32 minutes gone Conwy were awarded a penalty, but captain Harry Roberts failed to convert, so the score remained 1-0 Mally at half time.

The second half started as the first finished – end to end – and manager Colville decided to make a double substitution.

Gethin Maxwell and Lee Ellis came on for the hard-working Kyle Robb and John Blundell and within minutes it seemed to do the trick.

Ellis beat a defender to power home a right-footed shot.

Next to enter the field of play was Bryan Roberts for John Paul Colville and not long after it was 3-0 when Benn Lundstram scored from a tight angle for his 20th goal of the season.

Not long after, Conor Davies let rip from 30 yards and fooled the keeper, who thought the ball was going wide and let it fly into the bottom corner.

Conwy got a consolation goal through Gaz Jones from a goalmouth scramble before Ellis notched his second to make it 5-1.

Special mention goes to Kevin Colville who stepped in to play in goal for Mally at very short notice and made some cracking saves.

Winning manager Andy Colville said: “I’m over the moon with the result and was very pleased with my side’s performance as we showed our strength in depth in the squad.”

Y Clwb 3 Six Bells 2

This result was a tough one to take for Six Bells, who were beaten by a late goal.

Hosts Y Clwb battled really well in a great game.

The Glan Conwy side took the lead early from the spot via Max Williams. It should have been two, but the home team missed from close range.

The last 15 minutes of the half saw Rhyl outfit Bells wake up and they went into the break level.

Macca Lewis pounced on a defensive error and finished low and hard into the bottom-left corner.

Right on half time Lewis’ corner was headed inches over the bar by Danny Taylor.

Half time 1-1

Bells began the second half better without creating much, then on the hour Y Clwb broke away and a Cory Young shot went in off Taylor.

Y Clwb were on top now and Rob Lloyd had to make two big saves within a minute.

Bells kept in the game and drew level with 15 to play when Lewis hit a superb 30 yard free kick into the back of the net to make it 2-2 – his 24th goal of the season.

The visitors were awarded another free kick, this time slightly closer. Aidan Bell stepped up and his effort looked sure to go in but Y Clwb’s keeper made a stunning save.

With five minutes left Bells had a huge let-off after a ball was played across the goal for a tap-in but the home striker somehow blazed over from three yards.

Then with seconds remaining Y Clwb grabbed the winner through Max Williams.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: