Wednesday night football reports: Wins for Albion and Saltney, Denbigh and Mold share points

Dave Maddock netted for Llandudno Albion in a 4-1 win over Brickfield. It was the 87th goal for the club’s all-time record marksman



Llandudno Albion 4 (Smith 17, Maddock 58, Williams 88, Evans 90)
Brickfield Rangers 1 (Vale 81)

Albion received a mini-scare when Brickfield pulled this game back to 2-1 with nine minutes remaining, but two late strikes from the home side clinched a well-deserved victory.

Luke Smith put the hosts in front after 17 minutes and that was the only goal of the first half.

When record-scorer Dave Maddock made it 2-0 on 58 minutes with his 87th goal for the club, it looked as if Albion were heading for a comfortable success.

Brickfield gained a lifeline when Andy Vale’s penalty was saved by Louis Williams, but the striker followed up to convert the rebound in the 81st minute.

Back came Albion, Jack Williams making it 3-1 before Dan Evans added a fourth in the 90th minute.

Denbigh Town 1 (M Roberts 45)
Mold Alexandra 1 (Sharples OG 23)

Great goalmouth action from Denbigh v Mold (blue). Picture: ROY GUNTHER

A superb triple late save from Denbigh keeper Joe Griffith (Triple G?) ensured his team finished with a point against visitors Mold.

Town made a strong start, Kristian Pierce having a shot parried out by Elliot Quinlan before a defender cleared the loose ball with Mark Roberts on the prowl.

It was against the run of play when on 23 minutes fine work down the left by Mold’s Joe Ormrod resulted in a cross which home defender Mike Sharples turned into his own net.

Pierce forced Quinlan into another great stop but just before the break Sion Jones’ cross was headed in off the bar by Roberts to make it 1-1.

There were plenty of efforts on goal from the hosts after the break, but none were successful, although a Stuart Jones header brought the best out of Quinlan.

Lee Davey went close for Town, but it was the late heroics of Griffith that ensured Mold only left Central Park with a point.


Saltney Town 4 (McCleary 36, 43 pen & 52, Robson 48)
Mynydd Isa Spartans 1 (K Pierce 18)

Ryan McCleary

Cup headline-makers Saltney continued their success story by advancing to the NEWFA Challenge quarter-finals.

This tie had to be replayed after the first attempt last week was abandoned due to fading light.

Underdogs Mynydd Isa struck first when Kallum Pierce put them ahead on 18 minutes.

Ryan McCleary levelled on 36 and then added a penalty close to half time.

The tie was all but sealed within the first seven minutes of the second half.

Harrison Robson made it 3-1 with a pearler of a debut goal on 48 minutes and then McCleary completed his hat-trick after 52.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: