Genero Adran North – crucial wins for Llandudno, Wrexham and Bethel

Ceri Slaney made the scoresheet for Llandudno against Nomads. Picture: IAN FRANCIS


Latest table – March 13. Source:

Llandudno 3 (Ceri Slaney 39, Stacey Tradewell 50, Maddie Williams 81)
Connah’s Quay Nomads 1 (Niamh Grimshaw 57)

Llandudno know four points from their final two games will win them the inaugural Genero Adran North league title.

If they defeat Pwllheli at home on Thursday evening (7.30 pm), Tudno will then need just a point from their final game of the campaign against nearest rivals Wrexham at Maesdu Park next Sunday.

However, if they draw with, or lose to, Pwllheli then the Seasiders will have to beat Wrexham to finish as champions.

It is an exciting end to the season, and Sarah Colville’s side kept themselves firmly in the title picture with a 3-1 win over Connah’s Quay on Sunday.

The Nomads, the only tier 2 north team to apply for Adran Premier status next season, are now unable to secure the top-two finish needed to qualify for the play-off to reach tier 1.

Tudno had beaten Nomads 5-2 away this season, but also lost 4-1 at The Quay 3G in the Adran Trophy, so knew they were in for a tough test today.

Ffion Owen went close early on for the hosts when her long range shot came back off the post, but no-one was on hand to snap up the rebound.

It took Llandudno 39 minutes to break the deadlock when during a scramble in the box Maddie Williams managed to pull the ball back for Ceri Slaney to finish into the bottom right-hand corner.

Early in the second half, Llandudno went two-up.

Ffion Owen broke from midfield down the right wing and found Stacey Tradewell on the edge of the 18-yard box. The in-form Tradewell finished smartly for her 15th goal of the campaign.

In the 57th minute the visitors were back in it.

Niamh Grimshaw latched onto a ball over the defence and her shot carried too much power for keeper Sara Williams.

The Deesiders were frustrated on 70 minutes when Sienna Strapp looked to have been put in the clear, but play was called back for offside.

Williams then produced a crucial save to keep out a Tamara Hamer free kick.

Llandudno went 3-1 up in the 81st minute. Tradewell found a pocket of space before laying off to Maddie Williams who placed her shot into the bottom corner for goal number 27 of the season.

Player of the match was young Llandudno defender Madison Williams.

CPD Pwllheli 1 (Lois Thomas 19)
Wrexham 3 (Rosie Hughes 9 pen & 78, Natasha Spearing 90+1)

Leaders Wrexham needed two late goals to see off a determined Pwllheli and will be assured of the league title if they win their last game at Llandudno next Sunday.

Steve Dale’s side are on 33 points from 13 games, while Llandudno have 31 from 12.

Each team plays 14 matches and before next Sunday’s decider Tudno have to play Pwllheli at home this Thursday.

Wrexham took a ninth minute lead at the Rec when Rosie Hughes earned a penalty after being brought down by keeper Hayley Rees-Williams as she chased a through ball from Amber Lightfoot.
Hughes took the spot kick and scored.

Pwllheli levelled on 19 minutes when Lois Thomas scored at the second attempt after keeper Delyth Morgan kept out the initial shot.

Lili Jones’ lob hit the bar before Rees-Williams produced a great stop to deny Sophie Hodson close to the break. Half-time 1-1.

Only a win would do for the Reds, but they missed a host of chances after the break, the home keeper in fine form and entering the last 15 minutes it was still level.

Enter Rosie Hughes to put away her 46th goal of the season in the 78th minute following a pinpoint through ball from Mia Roberts.

Wrexham were relieved to finally clinch the points in added time when substitute Natasha Spearing netted their third.

Bethel 3 (Jordanne Greenough 31, Shona Roberts 42, Fflur Williams 77)
Airbus UK Broughton 1 (Tegan Hewitt 90+5)

Llio Henshaw stood out for Bethel

Bethel’s fourth league win in a row kept them well in contention for a top-three finish.

The hosts took the lead on 31 minutes when Jordanne Greenough burst forward from about 35 yards out, ran into the box and finished clinically right-footed.

It was 2-0 when a cross from the left was missed by the Airbus defence, and despite being slightly off-balance Shona Roberts produced the finish.

Bethel’s third goal with 77 minutes gone saw substitute Fflur Williams time her run nicely before neatly placing the ball into the left-hand corner of the net beyond the keeper.

Tegan Hewitt pulled one back for the Wingmakers in added time.

Big bonuses for Bethel were the performances in defence of Beca Williams and Anest Roberts, both on the comeback trail after long injury lay-offs.

Another member of that defensive unit, Llio Henshaw, was player of the match for a fine display.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: