North Wales Coast West Division One – No ‘Finter’ of Discontent for Llanfairpwll so far!

Cor blimey what a goal! Jay Finter (just in shot – furthest right, green) beats Caergybi keeper Dan Williams from the corner flag. Picture: WYNNE EVANS


Caergybi 1 Llanfairpwll 2

Top-scorer Jay Finter struck twice in Llanfairpwll’s hard-earned win at Millbank.

The 20-year-old livewire moved up to 19 goals for the season with his latest double.

Jay Finter celebrates with the Llanfairpwll fans. Picture: WYNNE EVANS

Finter broke the deadlock after 13 minutes with a remarkable effort from out near the corner flag.

Jay Finter (just in shot again – green) scores his second. Picture: WYNNE EVANS

In first half added time, Marquis Holland provided the assist for Finter to make it 2-0.

After the break Caergybi upped their game and Gary-Jo Owen halved the deficit on 66 minutes.

Mountain Rangers 4 CPD Y Fali 4

Visitors Y Fali went so close to ending their run of 15 matches without a win but were unable to hold on to a 4-2 lead at Rhosgadfan.

Si Thomas’ Anglesey side went ahead early through Jack Roberts, but Dylan Bee and Dewi Cooke turned things around for Rangers before a Morgan Jones double, one a penalty put Y Fali 3-2 up at half time.

When Jack Roberts made it 4-2 to the islanders in the 70th minute, the excellent Nathan Harris with another assist, things looked good for the travellers.

But Ben Davies pulled it back to 4-3 on 73 minutes and Aled Rice levelled the match after 85.

Llannerchymedd 3 Bethesda Rovers 0

Great action as Llannerchymedd (green) attack against Bethesda Rovers. Picture: JOHN ELFRYN OWEN

After being held 0-0 at half time in this top versus bottom clash at Tan Parc, Llannerchymedd scored three following the break to book a return to the summit.

Steffan Bulkeley finally broke the deadlock on 47 minutes, bringing an end to the brave resistance of battling basement boys Bethesda Rovers.

Nathan Winter’s own goal on 58 minutes doubled the home advantage and Gwion Thomas made it three just past the hour.

Rovers’ Chester Lloyd was red carded three minutes from time.

Llanystumdwy 3 Bethesda Athletic 5

Athletic rose to second spot after coming out on top in an eight-goal cracker at Dwyfor Park.

Player-manager Sion Parry struck first for Llan in the opening minute with his 30th goal of the season.

Pesda then took command, a Daniel Hughes double and Joe Todd single putting them 3-1 up before Robert Parry replied on 44 minutes.

Todd hit back a minute later, giving Athletic a 4-2 interval lead.

Sion Parry reduced the arrears again on 58 minutes, but a Tomos Hughes net-finder after 70 secured Mark Hughes’ men the points.

CPD Cefni 5 Holyhead Town 1

Despite going a goal down in the early stages, Cefni rallied to romp to a 5-1 success over visitors Town.

Aidan Batsford handed the Harbourmen a fifth-minute lead, but Nikolaos Kontodios levelled on 23.

Even Stevens at the midway point, but in the second half Nathan Lewis and Luke Allaway netted two apiece to ensure Cefni ended up resounding winners.

Bodorgan 2 Talysarn Celts 2

Celts missed out on a chance to go second when they were held by a Bodorgan side which continues to be a good bet to cause an upset.

Connor Rees gave the hosts a 10th minute lead, but David Aaron Jones equalised on 33.

Jac Jones put away a penalty to give Talysarn a 2-1 advantage on 65 minutes, but substitute Osian Jones restored parity after 82.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: