Friday night reports from the North Wales senior football scene

Paulo Mendes was a two-goal hero for Nomads at Bala. Picture: NCM MEDIA


Bala Town 1 Connah’s Quay Nomads 4

Two goals from Paulo Mendes helped holders Nomads reach the final of the 2021-22 Nathaniel MG Cup at Maes Tegid.

Having won 4-0 at Bala in a Cymru Premier clash three weeks ago, Craig Harrison’s men near enough repeated the dose tonight.

On this occasion, the CPL champions had to come from a goal down to get the win.

Bala took a 1-0 lead in the 29th minute when Anthony Stephens bundled home at the back post from a corner.

Nomads levelled on 43 when Aeron Edwards flicked on a long ball from the back and Mendes poked past Alex Ramsay for 1-1.

Midway through the second half Craig Curran put the Quay in front with a firm finish.

Two minutes later a great cross from Kris Owens via the left was headed in by a leaping Mendes at the back stick.

And the visitors made it three goals in seven minutes when Mendes set up Mullan, whose slightly deflected effort found the net.

Cardiff Met University take on Barry Town United in the other semi-final on Saturday.

Llangefni Town 0 Airbus UK Broughton 3

Llangefni showed plenty of spirit but it was not enough as Airbus claimed another win to move five points clear at the summit.

The match turned on a pair of crucial incidents two minutes apart in the first half.

In the 35th minute, Llangefni’s brave resistance was finally ended when an Adam Davies cross was turned into his own net by Jack Williams.

Soon after Cefni’s Iwan Jones was sent off by referee Nick Pratt for an off-the-ball altercation with Gareth Edwards.

A man down and a goal behind going into the second half, the struggling islanders were always going to find it extra tough.

James Phillips missed a good chance for the hosts before Airbus went two-up on 69 minutes through a stunning long range strike from Jake Eyre.

Town keeper Steve Sinclair produced some cracking saves to keep the score down, but he was unable to stop Beau Cornish adding a third for the leaders in the 87th minute.

Rhydymwyn 1 St Asaph City 1

All square at the Mornflake Mighty Oats Ground, where next-to-bottom Saints took a 22nd minute lead through Lee Jones.

Rhydymwyn equalised after 61 through a Connor Whelan corker, but there were no further goals.

The New Saints Reserves 3 Connah’s Quay Nomads Reserves 1

Tom Holland, Louis Robles and Jordan Williams notched the goals which earned leaders TNS the points against second-place visitors Nomads.

Daniel Parry-Jones gave the Deesiders a 21st minute lead from the penalty spot, but Holland levelled before the break.

Robles netted on 46 minutes and Williams after 65.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: