Reports from the North Wales Coast East League – Premier and Division One

Prestatyn Sports celebrate a goal against Mochdre. Picture: DAMON MEAD


Prestatyn Sports 5 (Harper 3, Jacovelli 26 & 75, Brady 38, Witherspoon 52)
Mochdre Sports 1 (Alex Williams 77)

Prestatyn Sports maintained their 100% start to the league campaign with a biggest win of the season to date.

Having already defeated Mochdre 4-1 in the FAW Amateur Trophy this term, John Hargreaves and Sion Williams’ side could feel confident of their chances ahead of Saturday’s Premier Division encounter – and they were on fire from the start.

In the third minute they had a corner that was not dealt with by the visitors and James Harper pounced to fire home.

The home team’s second came from the penalty spot. Confusion in the box led to keeper Owen Williams bringing down Antonio Jacovelli. A clear penalty which Jacovelli himself dispatched.

In the 38th minute good work down the right and a ball across the box led to Ryan Brady finishing well.

Maintain the same intensity was the management’s message for the second half and the hosts kept up the high tempo.

Kris Owen (No 9) on the ball for Prestatyn Sports. Picture: DAMON MEAD

Seven minutes in, James Witherspoon curled a 25-yard free kick around the wall and beat the keeper to his right – 4-0.

Mochdre suddenly came alive and Alex Williams pulled a goal back for them, but that was as good as it got for the visitors.

With Ian Griffiths and Darren Cassidy up front in the closing stages, more goals were on the cards for the home team.

The final one came courtesy of Jacovelli, who was through one-on-one with the keeper and applied the deftest of finishes.

Meliden 5 (Elden 12, Lally 24 & 55, Cairns 30, Ellam 46)
Bro Cernyw 3 (Hughes 33, Williams 34, Roberts 60)

Six weeks into the new season and Saturday saw Meliden play their first league match.

It was a winning occasion for Gareth Jones’ side in what turned into an eight-goal thriller at The Mine.

Visitors Bro Cernyw took the game to their hosts, but Meliden soon grabbed control and this paid off after 12 minutes when an attempt from Ashley Lally was blocked, but Luke Elden was on hand to head home.

Both teams had chances before in the 24th minute, Lally headed in the second.

Meliden did not stop there and were awarded a free-kick on the edge of the box. James Cairns placed his shot around the wall and into the net to make it 3-0 on the half-hour mark.

The hosts must have thought the game was won and went to sleep, allowing Robin Hughes and Rhidian Williams to reply for the visitors, making it 3-2 at the interval.

The second half saw Meliden get off to a flyer with a lovely piece of one-touch football between Joe Roberts and Finley Ellam, which saw the latter hit the ball from the edge of the box, the shot deflecting in off the post to make it 4-2 after 46 minutes,

Lally got on the scoresheet again on 55 minutes when he chipped goalkeeper Joseph Edwards.

Bro Cernyw’s heads did not drop and their hard work paid off on 60 minutes, when Ianto Roberts scored their third.

That ended the scoring with Edwards doing well to deny Meliden further goals.

Kinmel Bay 2 (A Jones 75, Griffiths 90+7)
Rhuddlan Town 2 (Taylor 45, Bennett 66)

Quite a finish at Y Morfa – three red cards in added time and an equaliser with the last kick of the game in the 97th minute.

Rhuddlan looked in control midway through the second half after goals from Jordan Taylor and Matthew Bennett had them two ahead.

Anthony Jones pulled one back, then in overtime David O’Neill and James Davies were dismissed for Bay, while Town’s Josh Brown also received his marching orders.

Matthew Griffiths plundered an equaliser for Kinmel seven minutes over the 90.

CPD Llannefydd 5 (A Lloyd OG’s 27 & 60, J Jones 64, Appleby 79, Roberts pen 90)
Llansannan 1 (Gierke 38)

Matt Johnson catches some action from Llannefydd (red) versus Llansannan

Four second half goals clinched victory for Llannefydd, who also avenged a 3-2 home defeat to Llansannan in the Welsh Cup at the start of the season.

An own goal from Arwyn Lloyd on 27 minutes put the hosts in front, but Leon Gierke equalised after 38 and it stood one-apiece at the break.

A second Lloyd OG put Llannefydd back in front on the hour before Jared Jones made it 3-1 after 64 minutes.

Luke Appleby and an Elgan Roberts penalty made the points ultra safe.


Abergele 6 (Ashton 8, Lloyd 10, McDougall 38, Holland 53, Hay 81 & 90+2)
Penrhyn Bay Dragons 0

Ruthless Abergele remain two points behind leaders Cerrigydrudion with a game in hand after dousing the Dragons’ fire.

Sam Ashton, James Lloyd, Jack McDougall, Dom Holland and a late James Hay double brought up the half-dozen.

Betws-y-Coed 1 (Josh Jones 60)
Rhyl All Stars 5 (Bellis 8 & 30, Roberts 26 & 33, Parry 47)

A comfortable and welcome win for the All Stars with Harrison Bellis and Shane Roberts netting two each.

Ashley Parry added a fifth, while Josh Jones put Betws on the scoreboard.

CPD Y Glannau 2 (Clark 30, Reddaway 57)
Cerrigydrudion 5 (Edwards 55, R Parry 60, C Williams 65, N Jones 70, Y Roberts 74)

Y Glannau surprisingly led twice in this clash with leaders Cerrig – including being 1-0 ahead at half time – but the visitors eventually prevailed.

Rhys Clark’s 30th minute goal separated the teams at the break and despite Gruffudd Edwards equalising 10 minutes into the second half, Jake Reddaway soon put Y Glannau back in front.

From here the table-toppers took command, Robert Parry making it 2-2 before Carwyn Williams, Nidian Jones and Ynyr Roberts quickly put the game out of the hosts’ reach.

Rhyl Dragons 1 (Hill 29)

Richard Hill’s first half goal was enough to seal the points for the Dragons from this keenly-contested Rhyl derby at Rhydwen Playing Fields.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: