Cymru North: Flint hit seven, Prestatyn rally to win again, Llandudno stun Bangor

Tough-tackling midfield combat between Bangor City (blue) and Llandudno. Picture: Andre Pepper @eventphotowales

Prestatyn Town recovered from going a goal down to win 2-1 at Porthmadog and maintain a five-point lead at the JD Cymru North summit.

Much-improved bottom side Port went ahead through John Owen early in the second half, but on 76 minutes Alex Jones was brought down in the box and Rob Hughes equalised from the penalty spot.

And four minutes from the end a Michael Parker flick-on freed Jack Higgins to put away the decider.

Porthmadog finished with 10 men after Dan Roberts was red-carded following a melee around the hour mark.

Second-place Flint Town United had hat-trick heroes Nathan Brown and Mark Cadwallader to mainly thank for a 7-0 demolition of Llangefni Town at the Essity Stadium. Danny Andrews was also on the mark for the Silkmen.

Bangor City lost their unbeaten record when Llandudno nabbed a 3-2 victory at Nantporth.

A Dean Seager spot-kick edged Tudno in front, but Aldair Neto equalised before half time.

Midway through the second period, Emmanuel Akwa-Dei made it 2-1 to the Citizens, but a Robbie Parry penalty soon made it all-square and a Alfons Fosu-Mensah strike sealed the points for the Seasiders.

Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant returned to winning ways with an impressive 4-2 result at Buckley Town.

Iwan Matthews and Matthew Evans pocketed a pair apiece for the visitors after the hosts had led 2-0 through a Callum Humphries double. The match stood 2-2 at half time.

Colwyn Bay outscored Llanfair United 4-2 at the Four Crosses Construction Arena, Mitch Bryant netting twice, with Sion Edwards and Tom McCready adding a goal apiece for the Seagulls.

A Gethin Jones brace had put Llanfair bang in contention at 2-2 come the interval and it needed two goals in the last 11 minutes to seal it for the Bay.

Sam Litchfield and Adam Davies were on target for Guilsfield in a 2-0 result at Gresford Athletic, Rhyl versus Penrhyncoch ended 0-0 and it finished 1-1 between Conwy Borough and Ruthin Town at Y Morfa.

Corrig McGonigle handed the Tangerines a half-time lead, but Llyr Morris restored parity on 73 minutes.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: