North Wales Coast East League – Llysfaen player hits EIGHT goals, Rhyl 1879 into Cookson final

Stunning action from The Mine as Meliden keeper Chris Wright aims to keep out James Harper’s header. PIC: DAMON MEAD



CPD Bro Cernyw 2 Llanfairfechan Town 1

In a battle of the bottom two, Bro Cernyw claimed just their third league win of the season.
After going behind on 21 minutes to a goal from Ellis Jones, Cernyw levelled just before the break when Cai Price threaded a ball through the Llanfairfechan defence for Harry Kirkham to fire in from a tight angle.
A minute into the second half, Carwyn McFadden made it 2-1 to the hosts from a goalmouth scramble.
In the 58th minute, Llanfairfechan were awarded a penalty which Joe Edwards saved.

CPD Llansannan 0 Kinmel Bay 3

Ever-improving Kinmel Bay claimed their first league win in 10 attempts.
Ironically, their victims were also the last team they beat in the Premier back in October – Llansannan.
A very youthful Bay squad had 11 lads aged 20 or under with five of them just 17 years old.
Both sides had first half chances before Llansannan were awarded a penalty near half time which Leon Gierke blasted against the bar.
After the break Kinmel concentrated on keeping the ball on the floor and as a result more chances came their way.
Man of the match Mason Richards hit an 18-yarder which Tomos Williams saved.
Kai Paolucci came on for Cory Owen on 63 minutes and the new arrival linked nicely with Callum Foster up front.
In the 70th minute Ashley Wood and Ben Sedgewick combined to find Foster, who took a touch and fired past the keeper to put Bay 1-0 up.
Just a minute later, Sedgewick was fouled and fed a free kick to the back post which the keeper spilled and Paolucci snapped up the loose ball to convert from two yards.
Llansannan rallied and only a wonder save from Ryan Fox kept it at 2-0.
Paolucci settled the result with a stunning late free kick, similar to the effort with which he clinched three points for the reserves seven days earlier.

Llandyrnog United 2 Llandudno Junction 5

Jack Williams’ hat-trick helped guide the Railwaymen to a convincing win at Cae Nant.
Williams netted on 15, 41 and 74 minutes, while Liam Jones and Chris Morris added singles for the visitors.
David Lawson-Cooke (2, 1 pen) replied for the hosts, who had Paul Williams sent off for two yellow cards.

Meliden 3 Prestatyn Sports 3

Meliden celebrate a goal. Picture: DAMON MEAD

Sports went four points clear at the summit but had to settle for a draw at battling neighbours Meliden.
Alfie Edwards’ 85th minute equaliser earned the home team a deserved point from a thrilling six-goal derby.
Saturday’s battle at The Mine got off to a flyer as Dan Beattie’s 25-yard free kick found the bottom-left corner of the net in the 11th minute to put the hosts one-up.
Sports levelled from a 23rd minute penalty converted by Antonio Jacovelli.
Meliden rallied and two minutes later James Cairns beat the offside trap, rounding Ryan Jones and squaring for Beattie to make it 2-1.
The visitors hit back when Thomas Wickerson flicked the ball with his right foot past keeper Chris Wright for 2-2 on 35 minutes – and that was how it stayed until half time.
The second half started like the first, equal chances for each, but it would be Sports who took the lead through Wickerson, who came off best in a one-on-one with Wright on 65 minutes.
There would be one more twist as Meliden equalised five minutes from time. Joe Newell lobbed the ball over from a corner and Edwards headed in.

Mochdre Sports 2 Glan Conwy 2

Another derby and another draw.
Scott Brown
put Mochdre ahead on 61 minutes and when Kai Davies made it 2-0 from the penalty spot, it looked all over.
However, goals in the 84th and 90th minutes from Conor Davies rescued a point for Glan Conwy.


CPD Cerrigydrudion 5 Rhyl All Stars 1

Cerrig returned to winning ways with a comfortable win over the next-to-bottom All Stars.
Ynyr Roberts (2), Tegid Williams, Tirion Griffiths and Tomos Tryfan Jones shared the goals for Cerrig, Joe Smith replying.

CPD Henllan 1 Abergele 2

Abergele’s unbeaten run in Division One now stands at 21 matches as they remained second with a hard-earned success at Henllan.
Gele are now just two points behind leaders Llandudno Amateurs – who have completed their fixtures – with three games remaining.
A Daniel Jones own goal from a Greg Hilditch throw-in put the visitors one-up at Top Park.
Josh Griffiths equalised, but James Lloyd almost immediately grabbed what turned out to be the decider via another throw from Hilditch.

Llanelwy Athletic 2 CPD Y Glannau 2

Tomos Williams notched a late equaliser for Y Glannau which put a further dent in Llanelwy’s title hopes.
Mike Chapman gave Athletic an 11th minute lead from a penalty awarded for handball.
Great work by Harrison Bellis set up Aaron Dodwell to smash home the equaliser on 24 minutes.
However, Matthew Pendleton’s free kick put the home side back in front before the interval.
In the second half, Y Glannau defended superbly and then were rewarded for their endeavours with an 88th minute leveller.
Josh MacGillivray put a long throw into the box which caused mayhem. The ball fell to Tom Jones whose effort was blocked, Chris Rogers then flicked goalwards and there was Tomos Williams to poke home from three yards to send the Glannau boys wild.

Penrhyn Bay Dragons 1 Llysfaen 10

Connor Morris scored an amazing EIGHT goals in this runaway win for Llysfaen.
Morris boosted his tally to 24 in all competitions for the season in the process.
Craig Bond and Nathan Russell added singles for Emlyn Robert Jones’ side, Billy Machin with the sole home response.

Rhos United 1 NFA 2

A Liam Bowers double gave NFA a match-winning 2-0 lead at Brookfield Drive.
Scott Court notched a late consolation for Rhos.


CPD Y Rhyl 1 Penmaenmawr Phoenix 0

Rhyl needed a 78th minute goal from top-marksman Carl Lamb to settle a tense Cookson Cup semi against a determined Phoenix.
Gareth Thomas’ team took the field at Belle Vue looking to continue fantastic form that has seen them not lose a competitive fixture since early September.
The hosts started positively with Lamb striking the top of the crossbar with a looping header in just the third minute.
The first half played out evenly with no clear-cut opportunities for either team.
Chances continued to be limited after the break.
Pen missed a golden opportunity on the hour and paid for it when experienced Rhyl duo Mike Walsh and Lamb linked up to break the deadlock.
Walsh played the ball into Lamb’s feet in the penalty area and following a delightful first touch the striker slotted home.
1879 will meet Llannefydd in the final.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: