Ardal North East and West – first loss for Chirk, comfortable wins for Porthmadog and Llanrwst

Callum Parry struck twice in Llanrwst’s 3-0 win over Nantlle Vale



Llanfair United 5 Chirk AAA 2

Chirk’s long unbeaten run in Ardal North East came to an abrupt end at Mount Field.

Despite the 5-2 loss, however, the Colliers are still two points clear at the summit with second-place Llanfair having played two games more.

The Powys hosts got off to a flyer, going 3-0 up inside the first 17 minutes.

Max McLaughlin crossed for Nyahsa Mwamuka to score at the back post with a brilliant diving header.

Llanfair went 2-0 up two minutes later, when a defensive error on the edge of the area was closed down by Josh Astley, who slotted the ball into the net past keeper Callum Thurnham.

Astley then struck again with his 26th league goal of the campaign and 37th in all competitions for the club this term when he finished off a low left wing cross by Karl Seliaerts.

Dale Davies pulled one back for Chirk before Llanfair scored again through Seliaerts to make it 4-1 at the break.

Davies grabbed a second for the Colliers on the hour mark before Jake Simms saw red and Llanfair scored their fifth via Seliaerts.

Chirk’s Matty Williams was also dismissed late on to complete a miserable day for the leaders, who finished with nine men.

Penycae 3 Bow Street 4

Iolo ap Dafydd (2), Sion Ewart and Llyr Davies bagged the goals which earned Bow Street maximum points at The Riverside.

Jaden Jones, Jac Scott and Ben Jones hit back for Penycae, who had Kieran Smith red carded on 22 minutes.

The visitors led 4-0 before the battling hosts came back strongly in the last half-hour, but it was not quite enough.


Llanrwst United 3 Nantlle Vale 0

The Roosters are up to fourth in the table after a fine win over Nantlle Vale at Parc Gwydir.

United broke the deadlock in the 43rd minute when Callum Parry turned in a Tom Jones assist.

And Parry struck again before the interval when he got on the end of a flick to nod in at the far post.

Parry became provider when he set up Sam Jones for the third in the second half.

Rhydymwyn 0 Porthmadog 5

Report: Mr Treflyn Jones

A resounding five-goal success for Port at the Mighty Mornflake Oats Ground moved them to within a point of top two Denbigh Town and Mold Alexandra.

The visitors took the lead on eight minutes.

The Rhyd defence failed to deal with a deep cross by Ifan Emlyn and Matty Jones, despite initially losing his footing, did very well to slide the ball beyond the left hand of keeper Daniel Sands.

Barely a minute later the home side went desperately close to an equaliser when Matthew Gilsenan was put clean through only for Dylan Roberts to save well with his legs.

On 23 minutes, Port doubled their advantage when Ifan Emlyn unleashed a low left footed drive from a tight angle under Sands` body.

A minute later it was 3-0 when Dewi Thomas patiently and skillfully evaded the attentions of two defenders before placing the ball in the corner of the net.

After 40 minutes, Port struck again courtesy of the hard-working John Littlemore after he controlled a deep cross by Paul Lewis and fired into the corner.

In worsening conditions, goal chances were at a premium in the second half.

However, Rhys Alun did manage to add a fifth for the visitors in the closing stages, while keeper Roberts made one more fine stop.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: