North Wales Coast West Division One – Y Fali and Waunfawr among the winners

CPD Y Fali players and officials celebrate a late goal at Cae Mwd. Picture: WYNNE EVANS

Tier 5: North Wales Coast West Division One – results, July 3, 2021

Bethesda Athletic 1 (Mike Lundstram pen) Waunfawr 3 (Guto Llywelyn pen, Aled Pritchard, Meurig Parry)

Bontnewydd 5 (Sean McGrath, Cai Jones, Morgan Roberts 2, Cai Edwards) Mountain Rangers 0

CPD Cefni 3 (Marc Parry 2, 1 pen, Kieran Murphy OG) Llangoed 3 (Anthony Williams 3)

Talysarn Celts 9 (Luke Baum 5, Garem Jones, Jack Usher, 2 OG’s) Bodorgan 0

CPD Y Fali 1 (Luke Miles) Llanfairpwll 0


CPD Y Fali 1 Llanfairpwll 0

Luke Miles wheels away after scoring Y Fali’s decider. Picture: WYNNE EVANS

Luke Miles’ 90th minute winner ensured Y Fali began the campaign with a memorable triumph over Llanfairpwll at Cae Mwd.

In danger of folding just a few weeks earlier, the village club has fought hard to keep going and results like Saturday’s makes all the effort worthwhile.

The first half went almost exactly as Y Fali would have liked. They were controlling the game and knocking the ball around very well, keeping their shape and limiting Llanfair to long hopeful balls which were easily dealt with by the back-line.

Mark Hamblin hit a long range free kick that was tipped over the bar by Llanfair’s keeper. Best chance of the half fell to Miles, put through one on one, but he was foiled by a good save.

Y Fali remained in command after the break until an injury to Jack Halton meant a formation change which allowed Llanfair back into the game.

The home side still threatened, Marc Wilson thwarted in a one-on-one with the keeper and he was unable to direct a second more difficult chance towards goal.

Just when it seemed like it was going to be a frustrating 0-0 for Y Fali, some good pressure by Rhys Thomas forced a mistake in the away defence and the ball fell to Miles, who slotted in the winner. Cue jubilant scenes.

CPD Cefni 3 Llangoed 3

Cefni (red and black) and Llangoed do battle. Picture: RICHARD GREGSON

Anthony Williams scored a hat-trick for a Llangoed side which recovered from 3-1 down to snatch a draw.

A tale of two halves at Isgraig saw Cefni command the first, but lose their shape and intensity in the second period.

The hosts started well and earned a penalty on 10 minutes when Nathan Lewis was hacked down from behind. Marc Parry netted clinically from the spot.

Craig Evans, with his intelligent running, gave the Llangoed defence a real headache and Cefni quickly doubled their lead when the ball was worked across field to Hugh Alan, who drilled into the area and Llangoed defender Kieran Murphy found his own net.

Llangoed hit back through Williams on 42 minutes when he took advantage of a defensive slip following a long ball.

Straight after, Cefni’s Andrew Cleator hit the ball superbly on target from range and it rebounded off the post and keeper and fell kindly for Parry to double his goal tally.

The second half saw the home side lose their rhythm and two goals from Williams on 59 and 69 minutes made it three-apiece.

Evans was just off radar with two late headers for Cefni.

Bethesda Athletic 1 Waunfawr 3

Bethesda (green and black) tussle with Waunfawr. Picture: ANDRE PEPPER, EVENTPHOTOWALES

Not quite how a Bethesda side who went unbeaten throughout pre-season envisaged the campaign proper starting.

Waunfawr produced what was described as a ‘classic away performance’ to take all three points from Parc Meurig.

Under new manager Steven Hughes, the Beganifs took the spoils thanks to goals from Guto Llywelyn (penalty), Aled Pritchard and Meurig Parry.

Veteran marksman Mike Lundstram replied for Pesda from the penalty spot.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: