Cymru North: Prestatyn move 10 points clear after whipping Tudno, Flint hit seven, Bay win again

Kai Edwards (No6) is about to score Prestatyn’s opener at Maesdu Park. Picture: John Pickles

Llandudno 1 (McHarrie)
Prestatyn Town 4 (K Edwards, Higgins 2, Kenny)

An eighth straight league win for Prestatyn keeps them firmly in command at the Cymru North summit.

Neil Gibson’s men again proved unstoppable, roaring into a three-goal lead by the interval over opponents which were in the Welsh Premier last season.

Jack Kenny rattled the crossbar for the Seasiders before they grabbed a 17th minute lead.

Robbie Hughes delivered the ball into the area, Michael Parker flicked on and defender Kai Edwards volleyed home against his former club.

Two minutes later Town were awarded a penalty, but Shaun Pearson saved from Hughes and kept out Jack Higgins’ effort from the rebound.

Llandudno rallied after this and almost levelled when Danny Hughes’ fine shot was superbly saved by Jon Rushton.

Jack Higgins celebrates finding the net for the visitors. Pic: John Pickles

Prestatyn responded with a second goal on 40 minutes, Hughes’ curling attempt coming back off the post and Higgins heading home.

Soon after Danny Davies fed the ball into the box for Higgins to bag his second, ensuring the game was all but won at half time.

Tudno delivered themselves some hope on 50 minutes when Scott McHarrie fired a powerful effort into the bottom corner, but the three-goal gap was re-established shortly afterwards when Kenny netted his 10th of the campaign.

That was the end of the scoring, Prestatyn ending the night 10 points clear at the summit.

Straight eight for Prestatyn Town

Oct 15: Llandudno (a – lge) 4-1 (Kai Edwards, Jack Higgins 2, Jack Kenny)
Oct 12: Llangefni Town (h – lge) 2-0 (James Stead, Jack Higgins)
Oct 5: Flint Town United (a – lge) 3-2 (Jack Kenny, Jordan Davies, Robbie Hughes pen)
Sep 27: Bangor City (h – lge) 7-0 (Alex Jones, Robbie Hughes 2, 1 pen, Jordan Davies, Kai Edwards, Ian Griffiths 2)
Sep 21: Porthmadog (a – lge) 2-1 (Rob Hughes pen, Jack Higgins)
Sep 13: Buckley Town (h – lge) 2-1 (Jordan Davies, Danny Davies)
Sep 11: Conwy Borough (a – lge) 7-0 (Jack Kenny 4, Ben Maher, Jordan Davies 2)
Sep 7: Colwyn Bay (h – lge) 3-1 (Jack Kenny, Alex Jones 2)

Colwyn Bay 3 Gresford Athletic 1

Three goals in the final quarter turned this match in Bay’s favour after visitors Gresford had led at half time.

Athletic made a superb start and only the heroics of home keeper Andy Coughlin ensured it stayed 0-0 before Kieran Evans finished well in the 14th minute to give the visitors a well deserved lead.

Bay came into the game more after that, but were unable to open their account before the interval.

The Seagulls finally pulled level in the 66th minute when a pinpoint Kian Owen cross was headed in by Julian Williams.

Damian Ketley won the race to a through ball to edge Colwyn in front four minutes later.

And the points were sealed in the 82nd minute when Joe Chaplin found the net after being put in the clear by a long ball.

Flint Town United 7 Ruthin Town 0

A massacre at the Essity Stadium where Richie Foulkes and Callum Bratley both notched hat-tricks to secure the win which moved Flint up to second.

Foulkes and Mark Cadwallader scored in the first half for the Silkmen, while Tom Dyer of Ruthin was shown a straight red card.

The floodgates opened after the break, Foulkes adding two more, including a penalty, before Bratley got in on the act with a quickfire treble.

Porthmadog 0 Penrhyncoch 0

A game of few chances at Y Traeth produced a blank scoresheet and just about the right result.

John Owen, Jay Gibbs and Mel McGinness went close for the hosts, who made it three games unbeaten, but the deadlock remained unbroken until the bitter end.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: