Ardal North East: Penrhyncoch remain top, Bow keep unbeaten record, Radnor win at Rhos

Aled Parry celebrates putting Rhos Aelwyd in front. Picture: Barcud-Coch Photography


Rhos Aelwyd 1 Radnor Valley 2

Report and photos: Stuart Townsend, Barcud-Coch Photography

Two goals in five second-half minutes from Joey Price were enough to secure maximum points for Radnor Valley against 10-man Rhos.

Aled Parry’s early strike was sufficient to hand the Aelwyd a half-time lead, but the dismissal of Ryan Jenkins for a second yellow in the opening stages of the second period may have been a significant turning point.

After that, the Goats scored twice in quick succession to turn the game on its head.

Joey Price scores from the penalty spot for Radnor Valley. Picture: Barcud-Coch Photography

Radnor bounced back from the disappointment of the previous weekend’s penalty shoot-out defeat in the Dragon Signs FAW Amateur Trophy to claim a win at a wet Ponciau Park.

Despite many fixtures falling victim of the wet weather, this Lock Stock Ardal North East beat the damp conditions, along with the Ceredigion derby between Bow Street and Penrhyncoch.

It was Rhos who broke the deadlock as early as the eighth minute when Parry cut in from out on the left flank and hit a precise shot that nestled into the far corner of Adam Jones’ goal.

After the departure of Jenkins for an early bath, the Goats were back on level terms nine minutes after the break when Price picked himself up after being fouled to successfully convert the penalty awarded by referee Aled Williams.

The match was turned around five minutes later when Matt Croose’s deep pass from his own half picked out Price in space before the Radnor Valley talisman poked the ball past advancing Rhos Aelwyd custodian Joseph Guy.

Bow Street 2 Penrhyncoch 2

Bow maintained their unbeaten record and Penrhyncoch grabbed a point to ensure they remain top of Ardal North East – so probably a satisfactory outcome for both sides.

Rhydian Davies headed the hosts into a 13th minute lead from a Sion Ewart corner.

Daniel Owen equalised for the Roosters on 28 minutes to make it 1-1 at half time.

With visiting keeper Leigh Jenkins in great form, the score remained level until Ifan Burrell fired into the left-right of the goal to restore the home lead.

However, Dion Phillips rescued a point for the leaders with an 89th minute leveller.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.