Weekend round-ups: JD Cymru North, North East Wales League, Ardal Northern, North Wales Coast East

FC Queen’s Park in their new kit sponsored by Pro Plumb wxm Ltd. The Park beat Lex on penalties in the Premier Cup last Saturday.


Airbus UK Broughton 3 Caersws 3

An added time spot-kick from Caersws man Neil Mitchell cost a frustrated Airbus two points at the Hollingsworth Group Stadium.

The Wingmakers found themselves 1-0 down after eight minutes when a loose pass was pounced upon by the visitors and George Mitten hit a great shot from 25 yards to open the scoring.

After hitting the bar, the hosts levelled on 16 minutes. Great link-up play on the right between Tyler McManus and Ryan Edwards saw a ball played into the channel for James Davies to deliver a brilliant cross for George Peers to tap in.

Some slick passing and movement enabled Callum Graybrook to edge the Bluebirds back in front on 38 minutes.

At half time, the Airbus management introduced Brad Knight, Craig Lindfield coming off.

It did not take long for Knight to create waves as after 51 minutes he made it 2-2. A superb team goal with an assist from Peers.

In the 54th minute a great turnaround by Airbus saw Davies make it 3-2. Edwards sent a fine pass into Davies, who drove left-footed into the top corner.

The Wingmakers missed chances to clinch the game and paid the price three minutes into added time when Mitchell scored from the spot.

Porthmadog 3 Prestatyn Town 1
Report: Mr Treflyn Jones

Hosts Porthmadog recovered from conceding an early goal to take maximum points at Y Traeth.

In the third-minute, a woefully misplaced pass on the edge of the home box saw Ben Jones calmly round Alex Ward-Jones before tapping into the empty net.

Port were not too downhearted and created a number of chances before levelling on 23 minutes.

Tom Mahoney went on a strong run down the left flank and his pinpoint low cross into the box was confidently converted by Rhys Alun.

Half-time arrived with a 1-1 scoreline, Cai Jones unlucky not to put the home team ahead with a fierce shot on the turn which Mike Jones saved superbly.

Port scored almost immediately after the re-start. Danny Brookwell received the ball on the right of the box, drifted past two defenders before finding Shaun Cavanagh who shot superbly into the roof of the net.

Prestatyn fought tooth and nail in a vain search for an equaliser, one effort being ruled out for offside, while Ward-Jones also produced a magnificent stop.

Port nerves were finally settled five minutes before the end of the 90. After excellent work by Morgan Jones down the left flank, some patient holdup-play by Brookwell yielded a chance for the hard-working Anglesey striker which he gleefully took.

Ruthin Town 2 Buckley Town 3

Max Moore celebrates Buckley’s winner. Picture: TREVOR JONES BTFC

After six league games without a win Buckley ended their mini-jinx in the most thrilling way possible with a late decider at the Memorial Playing Fields.

And remarkably, the visitors achieved the feat with just NINE men on the field.

It all started well for Bucks, with Liam Driscoll handing them a ninth-minute lead.

Jake Hughes-Hampson made it 1-1 after 17 and the score remained the same before Soulayman El Amri edged Ruthin in front with 56 on the clock.

However, a Vita Mbolokele own goal made it two-apiece with 16 minutes remaining – game well and truly on!

It looked to have all gone pear-shaped for Buckley when they had Louis Downey red-carded on 77, but the visitors kept coming and Max Moore put them in front after 88 – cue wild celebrations.

Asa Hamilton was dismissed for a second yellow in added time, but Bucks held on for a memorable win.


Pwllheli 4 Hawarden Rangers 2

Two late goals clinched victory for a Pwllheli side who moved into the top six after beating the bottom team.

Steffan Toplis put the Llŷn Peninsula outfit in front after 14 minutes, but a winless Hawarden fought back strongly to lead with a Connor Parry double.

The in-form Ashley Ainsworth made it two-each three minutes before the break.

The second half was a real battle with a few yellow cards brandished, but goals from Marcus Banks on 77 and then Toplis a minute later sealed the points for Pwll.


Bow Street 1 Llandrindod Wells 1

Although Bow remain unbeaten this season in seven starts, they will have been disappointed to drop two points at home to Llandrindod.

Caio Carruthers edged the hosts in front on three minutes, and it stayed 1-0 until Richard Powell restored parity after 76.

Deep into added time, Bow had Ben Davies red-carded and no winning goal could be found.


Premier Cup

Lex XI 1 FC Queen’s Park 1 (Queen’s Park won 4-3 on penalties)

A close-fought Wrexham derby saw the Park emerge victorious on penalties.

Indeed, it was a game dominated by spot-kicks.

Finley Dyer put the Law in front with a 13th minute pen before Charlie Rowley equalised in the same fashion after 36.

No further goals so it was down to a shoot-out and the Park’s Josh Edwards came off best in the battle of the keepers against former Dunks stopper Joey Jones.

Two Counties Cup

Aston Park Rangers 8 Skippy 0

Jonny Crossley boosted his goals tally for the season to 15 with a hat-trick in Rangers’ cup caning of Skippy.

Karl Bacon also knocked in a treble for the home side, while Andy Cook delivered a double.

Championship Division

Acton 2 CPD Gronant 4

A seventh straight win for Gronant who maintained their 100 percent record by beating leaders Acton on their own territory.

Gary Fazackerley, Kallum Pierce, Steven Kirk and Dylan Taylor bagged a goal apiece for the visitors, Sam Giles, with his 22nd goal of the season, and Seb Kidd replying for the leaders.


Premier Division

Penmaenmawr Phoenix 7 Rhuddlan Town 1

Seven-goal Phoenix moved into second place with a ruthless display of finishing.

In the first half, Dani McIlvogue, Alfie Caldecott, Ricky Jones, Lee Stokes and Danny Williams all netted for the hosts to make it 5-0 at the break.

Darren Jones and Harry Benjamin made the scoresheet in the second half, meaning seven different players found the net for Pen.

Ellis Trubshaw notched a consolation for Rhuddlan, who had Jack Murray red-carded, while the same fate befell Phoenix’s Ian Pattinson, both dismissals on 58 minutes,

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.