Friday night football – wins for FC Queen’s Park, Bethesda and Llannerchymedd, while Mold and Chirk reserves produce high quality draw

Mold Alexandra Reserves (blue) on the attack against Chirk AAA Reserves. Picture: BRIAN PRYDDEN



Bethesda Athletic 2 Cemaes Bay 0

Scott Hughes struck twice in the second half to ensure Bethesda advanced to the semi-final where the challenge of either Mountain Rangers or Caergybi awaits.

Striker Hughes found the net on 67 and 76 minutes with a pair of cracking finishes for Mark Hughes’ men.

Llannerchymedd 2 Talysarn Celts 1

Division One title-winners Llannerchymedd stayed on course for a double as they claimed a first victory this season over Talysarn.

Top-scorer Gwion Thomas’ 27th goal of the campaign gave Medd a 19th minute lead, which was doubled on 25 when Gavin Sharpe was on the mark.

Rhys Jones pulled one back for Celts on 65 minutes to set up an interesting last quarter.

However, Meirion Grieves and Iwan Williams’ islanders held on keep a league and cup double in their sights.

Llannerchymedd are now in the final, where they will meet either Bethesda Athletic or the winners of Saturday’s Mountain Rangers v Caergybi tie.


FC Queen’s Park 2 New Brighton Villa 1

The Park recovered from a goal down at half time to collect three welcome points thanks to a late decider at Queensway Stadium.

Scott Davies edged Villa in front on 42 minutes and there was no further score before the break.

Leroy Ngema-Stamp levelled the game on 53 minutes and Ryan Griffiths grabbed the winner after 89.


Mold Alexandra Reserves 2 Chirk AAA Reserves 2

Great goalkeeping action from Alyn Park. Picture: BRIAN PRYDDEN

Report: Nigel Roberts

Both sides were bolstered by several first team players in this cracking Friday evening encounter at Alyn Park.

The match saw the Ardal North West and Ardal North East champions in opposition – but at reserve level.

The home team started strongly with Ardal North West leading scorer, Danny Warren, giving Chirk plenty to think about with his intelligent running.

However, it was The Colliers who took the lead on 13 minutes when Lewis Clamp struck from close range.

Chirk began to stamp their authority on the game but against the run of play Mold equalised on 40 minutes when Ellis Hickey headed home.

The Colliers continued to look threatening on the break and Ashton Williams looked to settled the result on 83 minutes when he headed home an Adam Williams corner.

However, it was that man Warren who claimed a point for Alex with a last minute penalty after he was fouled in the box. That made it 48 goals in all competitions for the prolific front man – 47 of them for the first team.

The point for Chirk will, unless Brickfield reverse a 14-goal deficit in their last two games, mean a 6th place finish in the inaugural FAW Reserve League (North East).

A good performance from Chirk’s young side in what has been a very competitive league with some strong squads on show from Welsh Premier and Cymru North clubs.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: