North Wales Coast West – Bodedern make it 17 straight wins, Bethesda Athletic hit 10

Llion Jones (view obscured) scores for Llannerchymedd against Llanystumdwy. Picture: JOHN ELFRYN OWEN



Bodedern Athletic’s remarkable winning sequence stretched to 17 straight league victories as they beat Llanberis 1-0 at Cae Ty Cristion.

Marc Evans’ 42nd goal of the campaign, scored after 18 minutes, was enough to seal all three points for Ricky Williams’ men.

Evans also missed a penalty early in the second half for the islanders, who were not at their best but still had enough in the tank to overcome tricky opponents.

Athletic are 10 points clear at the Premier Division summit.

Bangor 1876 needed a late leveller from Les Davies to secure a 2-2 draw at Nefyn United.

Cian Williams finished well from six yards to give 1876 a 24th minute lead, but unfortunately the young defender had to be substituted before half-time after suffering a foot injury.

Nefyn drew level in the 44th minute. The ball was played into the box from the right by Ifan Jones and the onrushing John Pugh applied a powerful finish from 12 yards out.

Eight minutes into the second period, the hosts took the lead when Ifan Jones managed to take advantage of some defensive indecision to score from close range.

Only a great double save from Ben Heald denied the Penwaig a third.

Both sides went close before in the final minute Davies managed to force home following a goalmouth scramble.

Glantraeth pipped Pentraeth 2-1, Tomos Williams putting the visitors ahead on 31 minutes before Jon Williams equalised after 33. Iwan Williams notched the winner after 50.

Owain Jones (2), Gethin Phillips, Jonathan Sadler and Alan Mark Owen split the goals as Llanrug United saw off Gaerwen 5-0 at Eithin Duon.

Cai Henshaw bagged a hat-trick in Penrhyndeudraeth’s 6-0 caning of Amlwch Town, Steven Jones (2) and Deegan John with the rest.

Postponed: Pwllheli v Mynydd Llandegai.


Leaders Bethesda Athletic were in a ruthless mood in a 10-0 away hammering of Llangoed and District.

Joe Todd netted four, Osian Hughes hit two and there was one goal apiece for Scott Hughes, Daniel Hughes, Lewis Dixon and Mike Lundstram.

Llannerchymedd continue to look strong in second place, just three points behind Pesda but with four games in hand, after whipping visitors Llanystumdwy 4-1.

Medd’s winning ways continued despite a depleted squad, with five regulars out due to family commitments.

Llannerchymedd and Llanystumdwy players observe a minute silence in honour of much-missed and respected referee Huwie Davies, who passed away last week. Picture: JOHN ELFRYN OWEN

Llion Vaughn Jones took just three minutes to give the hosts the lead, pouncing at the near post from a superb Ben Hughes cross.

The visitors levelled in the 23rd minute when Sion Gruffudd snuck in behind the home defence, coolly side-footing past keeper Kenny Hughes.

Another Ben Hughes assist just before the interval set up Gwion Thomas to make it 2-1.

Llannerchymedd’s third and most spectacular goal of the day came just on the hour mark as Gavin Sharpe’s 30-yarder beautifully dipped into Llanystumdwy’s net.

Seven minutes later Llion Vaughn Jones, who had been a thorn in the visiting side all afternoon, pounced for his brace.

The teams started the afternoon with a minute’s silence as a mark of respect to ex-referee Huwie Davies who sadly passed away last week.
Much respected Mr Davies had been a great servant of grassroots football, amassing over 60 years of service.

Jerome Sillence on the ball for Caergybi in Bontnewydd’s box.

Caergybi overcame Bontnewydd 4-1, Louis Chapman netting twice to take his season’s tally to 38 goals.

Gary Jo Owen and Bryn Roberts also struck for the hosts, Alex Kalafusz converting a consolation penalty for Bont, who had Cai Jones dismissed for two yellow cards.

Y Fali and Holyhead Town (light blue/white) in action. Picture: WYNNE EVANS

Holyhead Town won 5-0 in their derby at CPD Y Fali.

Ian Williams, Ryan Heywood, Luke Jones, Aidan Batsford and Kaine Bentley (pen) all netted for the Harbourmen.

CPD Cefni edged past Llanfairpwll 2-1 in a game which featured three red cards.

Marquis Holland put Llanfair ahead in the 23rd minute and it remained 1-0 until the 69th minute when Dion Parry equalised with his first-ever goal for the club. Nik Kontodios nabbed a 77th minute winner for Cefni.

In the closing stages, Holland was dismissed for the visitors, while Henry Caldecott and Hugh Alun Jones saw red for the hosts.

Jac Jones delivered a double as Talysarn Celts saw off Waunfawr 6-2.

Jack Usher, Gwion Jones and a Cai Ditchburn own goal helped make up the rest, Shaun Roberts and Iwan Bohana replying.


Cemaes Bay 11 (Matty Reynolds 5, 9, 77, 81, 90+1; Matty Roberts 8 & 52; Sam Wiltshire 28, Dan Jones 48 & 71, Keenan Downey 62) Bethesda Rovers 0

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: