Friday night North Wales senior football reports

Steve Evans (left – pictured with manager Huw Griffiths) scored a fantastic goal for Caernarfon. Picture: PAUL EVANS


Caernarfon Town 3 (Evans 10, G Williams 25, Gosset 68)
Aberystwyth Town 3 (Franklin 28, M Jones 59 pen, 62 pen)

Daniel Gosset’s wonder strike made sure Caernarfon took a point from a game in which they led 2-0 but then fell 3-2 behind.

Veteran Steve Evans fired the Canaries in front with an absolute bullet left-foot volley from a Rob Hughes corner.

Gruff John Williams doubled the lead on 25 minutes following another flag-kick.

Three minutes later, a great individual run and finish from Harry Franklyn reduced the deficit and it was 2-1 at half time.

Two fouls in as many minutes from Cofis keeper Jakub Ojrzyński after the break led to penalties, both of which Matthew Jones converted on 59 and 61 to make it 3-2 to the blacks and greens.

The scoring was not over as on 68 minutes Gosset met a cross from the right with a fierce volley which gave keeper Gregor Zabret no chance.

Cefn Druids 3 (Faux 5, Buckley 70, Williams 90+3)
Bala Town 5 (Evans 41, Venables 43, Shannon 46, Edwards 66 & 85)

Joe Faux’s fantastic run and left foot finish handed the Druids an early lead, but the night ended in disappointment again for the bottom side.

Bala were kept at bay until the closing minutes of the first half, Will Evans’ left-foot deflected daisy-cutter making it 1-1 before Chris Venables added a second from close range before the interval.

A minute into the second half, Venables set up Ollie Shannon nicely to lash high into the net.

David Edwards added a fourth for the visitors, Liam Buckley replied on 70, but a second for Edwards on 85 clinched the points.

Cefn had the last word when Mitchell Williams netted three minutes into added time.

Buckley Town 3 (Littler 45+1, Hamilton 80, Sullivan OG 90+5)
Holywell Town 3 (Wiltshire 66, Andrews 78, Sullivan 85)

In the week of his 40th birthday, Holywell manager Johnny Haseldin was denied a dream present of three points at local rivals Buckley by an injury-time own goal.

However, the Wellmen made it six matches undefeated and remain eighth in the JD Cymru North.

Having played with 10 men for more than 80 minutes following the early sending off of Ilan ap Gareth, it was a superb result overall for Holywell.

Bucks took the lead in first half added time when Connor Littler, who had earlier rattled the post, found the net.

Luke Wiltshire levelled for the visitors on 66 minutes with a fabulous strike and Danny Andrews made it 2-1 in the 78th.

Asa Hamilton equalised for Buckley in the 80th minute, but when Danny Sullivan put Holywell in front again after 85 with a far post tap-in, it looked like an away win was sealed.

However, an unfortunate Sullivan own goal with 95 minutes on the clock ensured honours finished even.

Denbigh Town Reserves 0
Llangefni Town Reserves 4

A fine win on the road for Llangefni, who led 2-0 at the break through goals from Jack Edwards and Sion Jones.

Ben Owen added a third on 51 minutes and Harry Jones completed the scoring after 85.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: