Football in North Wales can still continue in the lead up to Christmas despite the latest concerns regarding the pandemic.
However, new advice has been released to clubs today by the FAW to ensure everyone involved stays as safe as possible.
An FAW statement read: “On Friday 17 December, the Welsh Government announced strong guidance to limit the spread of COVID-19, particularly given the development of the Omicron variant.
“Football activity can continue and our Return to Play protocols have been updated to reflect the new guidance issued.
- get both jabs and when invited, get your booster
- if you have symptoms, self-isolate and book a PCR test
- if you do not have symptoms, take regular lateral flow tests
- outdoors is safer than indoors – use of changing rooms should be limited
- keep your distance when you can
- wash your hands
- wear a face covering
Further restrictions will come into effect from Monday 27 December. The FAW will review the impact of these on football activity and communicate any changes as soon as possible.”