Today sees the launch of the Prestatyn Town Supporters Trust.
The aim of the Trust is to ensure the football club is sustainable whilst remaining competitive, outward looking whilst keeping local values and more importantly to hold to account anyone who claims ownership of the football club now or in the future.
Aims and Objectives:
• Represent and campaign on issues decided by the members and, by extension, the supporters of Prestatyn Town Football Club.
• Establish the most democratic and representative fans group for Prestatyn Town supporters.
• Ensure the club takes proper account of the interests of its supporters and of the community it serves in its decisions.
• Develop community projects that will benefit local people and the community.
• Bring about supporter representation at board room level.
• For the Trust to hold a major and controlling shareholding in the Football Club.
Prestatyn Town Supporters Trust is affiliated and governed by the FSA (Football Supporters Association).
It is a legally-constituted, FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) compliant, Community Benefit Society, a one-person-one-vote Co-operative. Its accounts are in the hands of Harold Smith and Mark Foley is interim treasurer.
Membership of the Trust is open to all football fans and the cost is £12 per year for adults and £6 for juniors up to 16 years of age.
The first payment will INCLUDE the sum of one pound for one share in the Trust. No one will be allocated more than one share at any time. Junior members will be allocated a share but will be unable to vote.
You will be required to fill in a membership form, but due to current restrictions this can be done at a later date.
Click the link below to join
PTST said: “Remember, Prestatyn Town Supporters Trust is not a protest group, although our ultimate aim is to gain control of the club. This would ensure that, in future, the decision-making process is made by a group rather than one individual, especially financial decisions.
“We feel the burden of this is too much for one person, it leaves the future of the club balanced on the shoulders of one individual which causes decisions to be made under pressure. This cannot continue. We believe our current financial situation would prove this to be true.
“A supporter, community owned Prestatyn Town will be better for the club, its fans and the community it serves.
“Join us now !
“We are Town!”