The Tigers will keep on fighting to reach their goals
Menai Bridge Tigers won the 2018-19 Gwynedd League title

Menai Bridge Tigers will continue fighting to progress as a club despite their progression hopes being scuppered by the Welsh FA.

The Gwynedd League champions suffered a crippling blow last week when the FAW refused their appeal against the Welsh Alliance’s decision to block their promotion into that league’s Division Two due to inadequate facilities for tier four football.

Tigers reported that the “inadequate facilities” were toilets provision which the club insists it could have sorted given a little more time.

It was feared the Bridge might fold, but tonight a large portion of this season’s squad re-signed for 2019-20 and a new manager was appointed in Aaron Rowlands.

A Menai Bridge Tigers statement said: “We’ve had a couple of uncertain weeks with basically the whole behind the scenes staff leaving the club at the same time and uncertainty surrounding the majority of the players after the outcome of the appeal.

“Tonight a large portion of last season’s squad along with new manger Aaron Rowlands have pledged to stay to try their best to keep this club going and to be as successful as possible.

“The club is actively looking for a chairman, a vice chairman and treasurer to help drive this club forward for the future so any interested parties please contact the (Facebook) page. Also anyone that is willing to help this club in any way, shape or form please get in touch also.

“Pre-season will start on July 1 for current players with new additions welcome. Obviously our pre-season preparations have been massively disrupted so any clubs that have free dates or late cancellations please keep us in mind.

“On the appeal the club is overwhelmed with the support it has had in adversity; the fact of the matter is we are disappointed and angry at the outcome when you consider we have toilets in our facilities but failed as they are inadequate and don’t meet the criteria although promising to get everything in order for the start of the season to still be told no.

“We feel as a club we have done everything that has been asked of us over the last 10 years, but don’t feel we’ve been afforded the same opportunities as other clubs. We now find ourselves in the same position as last season and now have to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves down and try and go again. This is the last we say about this issue.

“Announcements on the playing staff and coaching staff will be made in the coming days and weeks.”

Manager Rowlands added: “With a section of the players determined to keep this club going in adversity and basically the whole backroom team leaving I felt like I couldn’t let the players down.

“Some of them have been here a long time and this club means a lot to them. Having been here for nine years myself and growing up in Menai Bridge this club is embedded in me and I’ll do my best to make it as successful as I can in these difficult circumstances.

“Although the circumstances taking over could have been better it is still an honour to manage my hometown club.”

%d bloggers like this:
Skip to toolbar