Amazing Friday action – great wins for Denbigh, Llandudno, Llangefni and Gwalchmai

Dan Parry-Jones scored a dramatic winner for Denbigh. Graphic: DTFC



Denbigh Town 3 (Brown 4, Worrall 64, Parry-Jones 90+5)
Mold Alexandra 2 (Roberts 47 & 78)

What a league the Cymru North is.

Forget the predictability of the Cymru Premier, Tier 2 is where it’s at.

Plenty of teams vying for the top prize and on their day just about anyone can beat anyone.

Take tonight’s clash at Central Park as an example of how thrilling the Cymru North can be.

On a run of nine straight wins, Mold thought they had taken a point only for a 95th minute decider from defender Dan Parry-Jones to deliver maximum spoils for the hosts.

Town made a fantastic start, taking a fourth-minute lead when a great run from Matthew Worrall saw him set up Nathan Brown for the opener.

In a cracking first half, Mold thought they had equalised when a Danny Warren effort looked like a goal all the way, but Aaron Jones pulled off a miraculous save.

Soon after Worrall was through at the other end, but his attempt made life easy for keeper Alex Swindell with the whole ground expecting the net to bulge.

Swindell was worked much harder in the 32nd minute when he somehow denied Worrall and Tom Weir could not quite get it right in the box moments later.

Further misses by both sides before the break meant it was still only 1-0 at half time.

Alex started the second half the stronger and from a breakaway in the 46th minute the in-form Jake Roberts made it 1-1.

Jones had to produce a magical save as a Roberts strike deflected off Ben Lockley and Sion McHugh then went close for the Flintshire men.

Denbigh rode the storm and regained the lead on 63 minutes when Sion Jones crossed for Worrall to head home.

Mold were far from discouraged, however, and levelled the match again through Roberts from close range on 74 minutes.

Both sides pressed for the winner, but neither could find the finish before Alex were reduced to 10 men in the 94th minute when Alex Smith was punished for a foul on Paul Fleming.

Could Mold hold out for the point? The answer was no.

In the 95th minute Worrall turned provider for Parry-Jones to nab the winner and send Central Park wild.

Llandudno 3 (Holland pen 67 & 82; Brown 88)
Prestatyn Town 2 (Clare 10, Atkins 31)

How sweet was this result for the warriors of Llandudno!

The next-to-bottom side, with just one win in their previous nine games, were 2-0 down to Prestatyn at Y Morfa Stadium and all seemed lost.

But one thing Llandudno never do is give up.

By the 82nd minute, a Danny Holland double had pulled the Seasiders level and then Stephen Brown applied the coup de grace with the decider on 88.

Player-manager Karl Clair put the visitors ahead on 10 minutes and the ever-impressive Dan Atkins doubled the away score after 31.

Midway through the second half it remained 0-2, but then came a home lifeline as Tudno were awarded a penalty which Holland converted.

The experienced Holland struck again eight minutes from time to make it all-square – cue Grandstand finish.

Even a point would have been a great outcome for the hosts, but they were not satisfied with that and veteran Brown delivered the winner with two minutes left.

On the day Llandudno announced their pitch restoration at Maesdu Park is nearing completion, this result was just the perfect way to round things off.


Llangefni Town 2 (D Jones 46, M Jones 66)
Bethesda Athletic 0

Both sides ended the match at Cae Bob Parry with 10 men, but it was Llangefni who took the points.

The win nudged Cefni up to second, while Pesda remain in bother one off the bottom.

After a goalless first half, Dafydd Jones broke the deadlock a minute into the second period.

A scuffle just past the hour led to red cards for Cefni’s Alun Roberts and Athletic’s Cian Williams.

It was Town who adjusted to having reduced personnel the better, Matty Jones making it 2-0 on 66 minutes.

An eighth goal of the campaign for Jones settled the argument. Bethesda battled hard and had chances of their own, but they must start taking their opportunities if they are to turn pressure into points.


Menai Bridge Tigers 0
Gwalchmai 2 (C Owen 50 & 88)

Connor Owen weaved his magic again for Gwalchmai. Picture: DAI SINCLAIR

Two goals from young sensation Connor Owen put Gwalchmai into the Intermediate Cup semi-finals.

It was a superb win for Craig Evans’ team over a Bridge outfit which had won 10 of their last 12 games, having made big waves in both the Welsh Cup and FAW Trophy.

On this night, however, North Wales Coast West Premier Division leaders Gwalchmai were to emerge victorious, making it 11 magnificent straight wins.

After the interval arrived without a goal, Gwalch struck five minutes into the second half through the dynamic 18-year-old Owen, who outfoxed a defender and applied a lovely finish..

And the tie was sealed when Owen bagged his second on the evening and 12th of the season with 88 on the clock via a 35-yard beauty into the top corner.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.