Weekend reports from North Wales football tiers 4 and 5

Holyhead Town and Caergybi (red) battle for the ball in North Wales Coast West Division One. Picture: TREVOR OWEN



Greenfield 2 Coedpoeth United 2

Despite two goals from top-scorer Dean Hyland, already crowned champions Greenfield had to settle for a draw before being presented with the league trophy.

Hyland struck on 14 and 41 minutes, but Adam Lloyd and Nick McCormick responded for the battling visitors.

Greenfield received their league championship trophy and medals in memorable scenes after the game.

Hawarden Rangers 4 Overton Recreational 1

Trailing at half time to a 35th minute Harry Massey goal, Hawarden needed a late surge of power to eventually win this game.

It was not until the 75th minute that the home side found their shooting boots, Daniel Jones (2, 1 pen), and then in stoppage time Daniel Beach and Aaron North giving the hosts’ supporters something to cheer.

Llangollen Town 2 Cefn Mawr Rangers 2

Dan Weir’s double for Llangollen was matched by a Reuben McCorry pair which clinched a point for Rangers.

McCorry was dismissed on 80 minutes for a second yellow card and the Cefn coach was shown a straight red at the same time.


Llanfairfechan Town 3 Meliden 4

In-form Meliden edged a seven-goal stormer at the Recreation Ground.

Dan Beattie, James Cairns, Joseph Roberts and Jonathan Terry provided the away goals, Jamie Haggas (2) and Ethan Heath-Jones running Llanfair close.

Penmaenmawr Phoenix 0 CPD Llannefydd 2

Substitute Llion Morris delivered a double for a Llannefydd side which sealed runners-up spot with this victory.

Morris struck on 72 and 90+2 minutes for the visitors.


Premier Division

Bangor 1876 3 Bodedern Athletic 1

In their very last league game of the season Bodedern suffered their first defeat – but the title was already in their hands before they took to the Treborth pitch.

Corrig McGonigle, Sion Edwards and Corey Jones struck for 1876, who finish runners-up. Marc Evans replied for champions Boded with his 61st goal of the campaign.

This match was reported in detail on Grassroots North Wales on Saturday night.

CPD Gaerwen 1 CPD Mynydd Llandegai 4

Osian Jones (2), Sion Parry and Cai Holdsworth bagged the goals which sealed the spoils for Llandegai, the returning Darren Lewthwaite on target for Gaerwen.

Gwalchmai 0 CPD Llanberis 7

Ifan Mansoor (2), Nidian Huws, Aeron Pritchard, Marcus Orlik, Ben Rowlands and Kurt Hellfeld all joined in the goals bonanza for the Darans at Maes Meurig.

Llanrug United 3 CPD Penrhyndeudraeth 2

Jonathan Sadler (2) and Sion Phillips put Llanrug three-up before two late Richard Jones replies made the final score more respectable for Penrhyn.

Division One

Bethesda Rovers 3 Cemaes Bay 3

Cemaes needed an added time equaliser from Andy Williams to avoid a surprise defeat at bottom side Rovers.

The hosts ended their debut season on a real high, goals from Osian Price and Thomas Davies putting them two-up inside 20 minutes.

Bay, who have been up challenging for the title all season, hit back before half time through Josh Griffiths and Williams.

After Ryan Folksman was shown a second yellow on 67 minutes Cemaes were down to 10 men and in the 76th, Reece Williams edged Rovers back in front.

It was only the experienced Andy Williams‘ late leveller than saved the visitors from an unexpected loss.

Bontnewydd 7 CPD Y Fali 0

Cai Jones notched a hat-trick as Bontnewydd bossed this one at Cae Stanley.

Jones’ treble included a spot-kick and there were also goals from Matthew Jones, Ianto ap Rhun, Cai Rowlands and Steffan Element.

Y Fali had Liam Roberts red-carded late on.

CPD Cefni 2 Bodorgan 2

All-square at Isgraig, Nik Kontodios and Nathan Lewis netting for Cefni, Connor Rees and substitute Aron Davies for the visitors, for whom Sam Hallas missed a first-half penalty.

Holyhead Town 1 Caergybi 2

Tom Scott (red) strikes one for Caergybi. Picture: TREVOR OWEN

Goals from George Hibbert and Tom Scott secured the points for winners Caergybi, top-scorer Kaine Bentley replying for the Harbourmen in this close-fought town derby.

CPD Llannerchymedd 1 Bethesda Athletic 3

This one was abandoned just past the hour when a spectator allegedly encroached onto the field of play and a scuffle ensued.

The referee called a halt to the game at Tan Parc and the matter is now in the hands of the league, with possible NWCFA intervention to follow.

Llannerchymedd, who had already clinched the league title, were 3-1 down at the time.

A Gwion Owen own goal handed Pesda an early lead, but Gwion Thomas soon levelled from the spot with his 24th goal of the season.

Scott Hughes regained the advantage for Athletic with a 16th minute strike and Joe Todd put away a spot-kick on 39.

News is now awaited on whether the result will stand or if any further action will be taken.

Llanfairpwll 1 Waunfawr 1

Goalkeeper Huw Shaw rescued a point for Llanfairpwll when he converted a late penalty at Maes Eilian.

Mark Williams had earlier given Waunfawr a 70th minute lead.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: