North Wales Coast Women’s Challenge Cup – NFA and Llandudno to meet in final

Madison Williams (stripes) on the ball for Llandudno. Picture: LEVI MONTGOMERY, LLANDUDNO FC


Llandudno 6 (Jasmin Dutton 3, Maddie Williams 2, Stacey Tradewell)
Denbigh Town 0

Jasmin Dutton’s hat-trick helped Llandudno set up a NWCFA Challenge Cup final meeting with NFA next month.

Tier 2 Genero Adran North champions Tudno made it nine straight wins in all competitions with a commanding performance at Maesdu Park.

Former Wales international Dutton broke the deadlock in the 21st minute.

She received the ball from Madison Williams, turned and made a run forward before her shot found the net.

Dutton turned provider for the second when her fine pass set up Maddie Williams for a calm finish.

Williams struck again in the 45th minute with her 29th goal of the season, slotting into the bottom-left corner after good approach work from Ceri Slaney.

Huddle time for the Llandudno players. Picture: LEVI MONTGOMERY

Dutton made it 4-0 on the hour and completed her hat-trick after 67 with a great finish – her 13th goal this term.

Stacey Tradewell’s looping effort made it six near the end. It was the 16th goal of the campaign for the ever-consistent midfielder.

Dutton was named woman of the match.

CPDM Bangor 1876 1 (Jordan Roberts)
NFA 5 (Chloe Evans, Ashleigh Mills, Sade Benjamin, Ffion Evans, Emily Jones)

NFA’s Chloe Evans keeps her eye on the ball

Rhyl-based NFA are into their first final.

Andy Lloyd’s side clinched a place in the NWCFA Challenge Cup showpiece game with a 5-1 victory at Bangor 1876.

These teams had met twice previously in the North Wales League this season and held a 6-2 win apiece against the other. So the “decider” promised to be interesting and hard to predict.

The 3G at Plas Ffrancon, Bethesda, was the venue and Bangor started the better.

NFA grew into the game and created several chances but wrong decisions at critical times meant the semi-final headed towards half time with the score 0-0.

Then in the 44th minute Chloe Evans ran down the left and played a pass into Emily Jones, who returned the ball. Evans ran into the box and forced the ball home at the near post to end the stalemate.

After the restart, the visitors won the ball back and Stella Windsor found Ashleigh Mills, who from 25 yards out rifled a fierce shot just under the bar to make it 2-0 at the interval.

NFA started the second half as they finished the first and pressed the Bangor players from the whistle.

More chances came and went without the score being added to.

In the 64th minute a through ball to Ffion Evans resulted in her shot being saved, but Sade Benjamin was there to tuck the rebound home.

Soon after Jones put Ffion Evans through and she finished in the far corner.

Ten minutes later Mills’ delightful delivery released Jones, who got her reward with a nice finish.

As the game went into added time Bangor scored a deserved consolation goal through Jordan Roberts to make the final score 5-1 to NFA.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: