Match reports from North Wales Coast East Division One – Tuesday, August 10

Dale Lewis (14) scores for Rhyl Dragons against Abergele. Picture: ROY GUNTHER


Rhyl Dragons 1 Abergele 2

Abergele edged a 2-1 victory at Rhyl Dragons in a game of two halves at Coronation Gardens.

The first 45 minutes saw a well-organised Dragons boss proceedings and take the lead through a Dale Lewis finish.

Dragons and Abergele (stripes) battle for the ball at the Corrers. Picture: ROY GUNTHER

In the second period, Gele came out firing and equalised through a fantastic Liam Roberts free kick on 75 minutes.

Then manager Nick Holland introduced the lively Jack Mcdougall, who was a constant threat when he came on and was rewarded on 88 minutes with what proved to be the winning goal.

Llanelwy Athletic 5 Rhyl All Stars 1

Sandy Malone’s Llanelwy side made it seven straight wins in all competitions since the start of the campaign.

They took the lead on five minutes through a Matty Lewis goal.

Despite that goal, Athletic were not at the races. A lot of mistakes were being made allowing All Stars to take advantage.

The visitors pulled level in the 13th minute after a loose ball was picked up and Harrison Bellis applied a great finish.

Even conceding did not get the hosts going, and it was scrappy stuff until Dan Price put Llanelwy back in front on the stroke of half time.

The second half saw Malone’s marauders much improved. They created a flood of chances and but for the excellence of All Stars keeper Ryan Fox the final winning margin could have been much wider.

Athletic did manage three more goals, Steve Kirk, Price and Liam Rowland-Jones on the mark.

Cerrigydrudion 8 Betws-y-Coed 1

Leaders Cerrig made it eight matches unbeaten at the expense of Betws.

Gruffudd Edwards put the hosts ahead on 18 minutes only for Shaun Davies to level soon after.

However, that was as good as it got for the visitors.

Gruffudd Edwards completed a hat-trick before half time, while Jac Edwards, Tirion Griffiths and Tomos Tryfan Jones also struck to make it 6-1 at the interval.

Jac Edwards added his second after the turnaround and Ifan Gwyn also scored in the closing stages.

Penrhyn Bay Dragons 2 Llandudno Amateurs 4

In a match littered with yellow cards, the Amateurs came out on top in the column where it mattered – goals.

Steven Collins bagged an early brace for the visitors, only for Luke Jones and Ethan Hill to draw the Dragons level.

Luke Appleton edged the away side back in front before Harry Montgomery added number four.

CPD Henllan 1 CPD Caer Clwyd 4

What a shot from Henllan v Caer Clwyd taken by MATT JOHNSON

Clwyd needed two late goals to make sure of victory at Top Park.

Two Morgan Jones penalties handed the visitors a narrow half-time lead, Alex Ballard replying for Henllan.

A Craig Lavery strike and a Harry Nash own goal clinched the spoils for the away team and just before the end Henllan’s Sam Lloyd-Jones was shown a red card.

Y Glannau 1 Llysfaen 4

After a few below-par displays Llysfaen got their act together nicely on Tuesday evening.

Connor Morris gave the visitors a half time lead and Craig Bond doubled the advantage seven minutes into the second period.

Substitute Mohamed Ali Dridi replied for the hosts on 63 minutes, but Morris and Alec Jones netted again to seal the honours for Llysfaen.

Copyright Dave Jones © All rights reserved. CoverNews by AF themes.
%d bloggers like this: